Monday, November 10, 2008

Don't Forget to Vote!

No, this post isn't going up a week too late. The election may be over, but the API Attachment Parenting Month Photo and Essay contest polls are open until November 30. In the spirit of AP Month this October, I entered both. My photo (the shot of Eric and Violet at a wedding in September, above) wasn't selected as a finalist, but my essay is in the running. (I'll give you a hint: it's Essay #1.) Cast a vote for your favorite photo and essay on the theme "Giving Our Children Presence" here!

I've decided that though my photo submission for the contest may not have made it to the final four, I like it enough that a copy is going to go up in my office soon. While you're voting, how about helping me decide which version: the original color, or black and white? Leave your vote in the comments below.

3 comments:

Tamara Baysinger said...

Wow, tough choice! I lean slightly toward the black and white, I think because it has a more timeless feel.

Cheryl said...

I really like them both, but I think I'll say the color one. I especially like her pink dress, his blue shirt and the green in the background. Great colors.

Pete said...

I've always been partial to color since the first television we had was black and white and when color television came to be it was like WOW! (Both are great though - the subject matter makes them special)